Mentoring Advisory Council
The Mentoring Advisory Council is a committee of the Board of Directors of Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region. It is comprised of up to 30 individuals (BBBSCR mentees, their parents/guardians, and their mentors) across Albany, Schenectady, Rensselaer, and Saratoga Counties who provide consultation, undertake projects, and take a leadership role in supporting Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Capital Region on issues related to youth mentoring and our commitments to social justice, to creating equity for youth, to fostering diverse and inclusive communities, and helping all children be included in the promise of opportunity and a better life. MAC members meet as a group four times a year and have the opportunity to participate in events or BBBSCR committees.
The main focus of the Mentoring Advisory Council is to:
- Further BBBSCR's commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion;
- Review current programs for opportunities for improvement;
- Strategize new ways for BBBSCR to connect with alumni;
- Innovate new BBBSCR mentoring programs to benefit the youth of the Capital Region.
- A current volunteer or a mentee within BBBSCR for at least one (1) year OR an alumnus of BBBSCR (mentor or mentee) that participated in our programs for at least one (1) year OR a parent/guardian of BBBSCR mentee that participated in our programs for at least one (1) year. (Some exceptions may apply, for example: You are currently waiting to get a mentee or mentor.)
- High School age or older.
- Capacity to meaningfully engage and contribute to projects and initiatives of the Mentoring Advisory Council (MAC).
- An alumnus of the MAC is able to re-apply after formally leaving for 2 years.
JOIN US TODAY!