WE RECRUIT, SCREEN, TRAIN, MATCH, AND SUPPORT
mentoring relationships for hundreds of children across the Capital Region—one Little at a time. A dedicated professional Match Support Specialist supports each of our matches to provide guidance and resources specific to the Little’s age.
With a Big in their life, children and teens in the BBBSCR program are empowered to ignite their potential as they:
- Grow their self-esteem
- Earn better grades
- Make healthier choices
- And develop a lifelong friendship with their Big
Enroll your child today!
The following guidelines are used to determine your child’s eligibility for our programs. We’ll also get additional information gathered through an in-home interview and conversations with the child’s school or therapist/counselor when appropriate.
- We enroll children between the ages of 6-14. Littles can stay in the program until they are eighteen or graduate high school.
- The child must be available to meet with their mentor on a consistent basis for a minimum of one year.
- The child must not have physical or mental health issues that are beyond the capabilities of our mentors.
- The child or family members must not exhibit any behaviors that would put a mentor or case manager at risk.
- The legal guardian and child must be agreeable to the child’s participation in the program.
- The legal guardian and child must understand and agree to follow agency guidelines.