BBBSCR Virtual Mentoring Toolkit
Creative Ways to Connect Virtually
- Conversation Topics and Tips
- Bigs can share their special talents. It could be some type of educational information, physical activity, or a video on how to make great scrambled eggs. Just cool stuff that all of our matches could enjoy watching and or engaging in. Maybe you and your Little create a tutorial together!
- Bigs can provide their Littles with prompts or write a story together.
- 1-844-TEST-COVID - The hotline walks people through a symptom checker backed by the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). It allows them, then, to figure out what the best course of action would be for them, and then ultimately if they still want to talk to the doctor it can be arranged at no out-of-pocket cost and no co-pay.
- NYS Department of Health’s Uninsured Care Program - Hotline: 1-800-542-2437 or 1-844-682-4058
- Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746 to speak to a caring counselor.
- 518-0269-6634 - 8 am to 5 pm, 7 days a week
- 844-863-9314 - OMH Emotional Support Line available 24/7
- Fitness Blender - Fitness Blender provides full-length video workouts. They provide fat-burning workouts, kickboxing routines, total body strength training, pilates, and more.
Learn a New Language